2013-06-01

Thoughts on the upcoming METAL BUILD 1/100 Gundam Exia Repair I & II

I just read the news and details about the upcoming METAL BUILD 1/100 Gundam Exia Repair I  & II from Bandai.

For the ones who didn't know, Exia is one of the mecha appeared in the anime Gundam 00.

It is all good, until I spotted this info:
●リペアII再現用ボーナスパーツ付属
別商品のMETAL BUILD「ガンダムエクシア&エクシアリペアIII」と組み合わせることで「リペアII」を再現できるボーナスパーツが付属!


It basically means, in order to create the "Repair II" form, you need the other package - METAL BUILD 1/100 Gundam Exia & Repair III, which was released a few months earlier.

This is like when you purchased a new Car, then you found out you actually need your old car's tyres, chassis, damper, engine and seats.

It is great if you still have the old cars around, and assume it still works. What about people who is buying their first car? Or people who just sold their old car to buy the new car??

To package product in whatever way is Bandai's call. But if this is what Bandai want to do, they need to state it VERY clearly and obvious, and not with some fine prints busy people could miss easily.

That said, don't you think a title like that is bordering on false advertisment? I do even think this is honest business.


I believe it is consumer's responsibility to support good product and honest business, and reject bad ones. While affordability is not an issue for me here, I definitely do not want support this, and give Bandai a false impression that this is something people are happy with.

No comments: