2013-05-31

3D printed stuff after some light processing and details added

Here are some of the photos of the manipulators I printed earlier. There are 2, the closed fist manipulator is of 1:144 scale, but the open hand is at 1:100.
IMPORANT: I had sanded them (well, fairly lightly and didn't pay that much attention), and added in some details and enchance some panel lines, etc. Finally I put on a thin coat of primer otherwise the slightly translucent material make the details hard to see. So this is NOT what you will get straight out of the printer, and does NOT represent the details the printer could print or the output quality, etc.

Here are some shots of the 1:144 closed fist. I started creating this as a test. But half way into modelling in the 3d software, I was thinking: 'might as well use it on some of my 00 kits". Thats why the design looks similar (but you should be able to see some differences, well, if the photo shows :P).







And here is the 1:100 hand, exactly the same 3d model I created for the 1:144, but just scaled up :D:





I really like this materal (ABS). Easy to work with, could take lots of detail without crumbling. I will be looking into how much details I can put in.

Oh, one more important thing I forgot to mention, the above processing took about 30 minutes in total, and I didn't pay much attention during the process.

It's easy to see 3D printer has already saved me a HUGE amount of work. Very happy indeed :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

can you send me your file for that? the .stl file so i can produce it at well? thanks!